Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) engineer will develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing repeatable tests. Working with other team members to debug and identify solutions. Execute performance tests at various levels, throughput, memory usage, CPU usage to identify problem areas and improve performance.
The QA Engineer will play an important part in our company’s development process. You are a self motivated team player, that will take ownership of product quality from development to release. Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system issues to meet quality standards.
- Develop and execute QA test plans
- Work cross functionally to ensure QA requirements are defined
- Work with sprint methodologies. (Nice to have)
- Work independently in a fast paced, highly technical environment with concurrent projects.
- Identify and clearly articulate issues.
- Develop repeatable tests for Integration and Performance environments.
- Leverage performance testing tools (memory usage, CPU usage, identify bottle necks)
- Write testing scripts in either python, java or c++, shell scripting for repeatable testing
- Migrate functional testing into regression testing
- Support trouble shooting of technical problems, working with team members
- BSEE, equivalent experience considered
- 5 years minimum experience performing SQA
- Demonstrates ability to write and execute detailed test plans
- Familiar with testing Java, C++ applications with an understanding of HTTP standards.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experiences using products for performing performance tests (JMeter, JProbe, etc)
- Experience setting up and executing automated regression tests
- Proficiency writing testing applications using Python, Java, C++
Important Personal Attributes:
- You are curious about science and technology
- Challenging yourself is an intrinsic part of who you are
- Team matters
- Sharing and debating ideas to get to the right answer is important to you
- You seek to act and don’t wait to be told
- You like to teach those around you
- You are serious about your work but also believe that laughter and levity are important
- You work hard and you also have passions outside of work that enrich your life
- Winning is important to you, but so is how you win
Contact us to learn more about this role.